My package was damaged/lost... Can you help me?
We take great care when packing and sending all your items, but they may rarely get damaged due to mishandling during delivery. Or, in some cases, the package might also be lost and not delivered to you. The shipping methods we use have insurance (with varying amounts depending on the shipping methods), and we will support claims you make your damaged/lost items.
How to proceed
Insurance claims are between you and the shipping service you requested. We will guide you through the insurance claim process if it applies to your situation. We assist with your claim but have no say or influence in whether you will receive compensation or not.
(In case of damaged packages, please do not consume or throw away the products just yet.)
What is the claim process?
The general process is the same for all shipping providers (Post Office, FedEx, DHL, Seamail, etc.).
We can only lodge a formal complaint with the carrier if you make a damage/lost claim with your local carrier office first (using the tracking number associated with your package).
- When you notice an item is damaged, stop and begin cataloging what you found.
- Take photos of:
- The damaged item(s)
- The outside of the box it was shipped in
- The inside of the box it was shipped in, including how we packed the box
- Write down what the item was, and the price of the item
- Lodge a damage claim with the service that handled your package. This needs to be done as soon as possible as these services have limited time windows for when you can make a claim.
- Please message us to notify us you have made the damage claim on your end. Send us:
- The photos you took
- Name and prices of the damaged item(s)
- The case number of your claim
- The name of the contact person of the person who takes care of your case
- We will do the procedure on our end in Japan
- The service provider will then match the two claims and processes them
- If the claim is successful, they will issue a refund to us. ※For reference, the procedure can take a minimum of 1 to 3 months
- We will then issue the refund to you
We cannot guarantee all damage claim procedures will lead to a refund. The postal services, not us, make the decision based on the damage claims. Thank you for your understanding.
How much is the insurance?
- EMS regular insurance covers up to 20,000 yen. You can request us to add extra insurance for full coverage; additional fees might apply.
- Airmail and Seamail shipments are only covered up to the value of 6,000 yen. We cannot add extra insurance for those shipping methods.
- FedEx and DHL insurance depends on the size, weight, and declared value of the package. Similar to EMS, full insurance can be requested.