What is Pick up from Blackship?
When to choose "Pick up from Blackship"?
Blackship allows pickup at our Yokohama warehouse (located near Motomachi-Chukagai Station) by appointment only. This is designed as an emergency option for those traveling to Japan that won't be able to ship to a Japanese address or their own home country. This is especially useful for concert tickets or items you require while traveling within Japan.
1. Pickup is charged at a flat fee of a minimum of $20 (converted to your selected currency).
2. Pickup at the Blackship office can only be completed by the Blackship account holder. We may request your ID when completing the pickup so please ensure to bring it with you when visiting us.
Now Blackship also allows you to arrange your own shipping courier to pickup your package. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this.
How to select pickup
Pickup is included as a shipping option when going through the normal shipping checkout.
First, declare customs as usual and select "Ship Package"
From here you review as normal and select your shipping address. Even if this location is overseas we will ignore the shipping address if you select "Pickup from Blackship office" at the next step.
On the "Shipping Options" step select "Pickup from Blackship office".
You will then need to schedule a time to pickup your item. Please see below for more details.
Scheduling the pickup
Once you check out with pickup you must email us at email@example.com with several time options. To ensure speedy processing we recommend the following:
- Arrange the pick up several days before the pick up date
- Choose a one hour period that is best for you, but provide more than one option just in case
- Do not select weekends or public holidays
- Choose a time between 11 am and 6 pm
- Please find the detail about how to go to our facility here: Address